Wednesday, March 9, 2011

the Pendulum Swing

So here in New England, March is in full swing with days that start at 50 degrees F and by the time the sun goes down it's 25 degrees F. I'm afraid this post is going to be the same way so bear with me.



"Havanese"
8x10 inch watercolor, colored pencil

The results of the Art Show at the Dog Show came in and, alas, my pieces did not place. No cash prize for me. sigh. Well, they're still on exhibit until the 2nd week of April so if you are in Wichita, you should go check them out. It's still an honor to be a part of this show and it will definitely go on the artist's resume (which is something ELSE I need to get done.)

I have had a couple of inquiries about commissions and actually have a person who is interested in this Havenese painting. She then saw that I do commissions and now is deciding on one or the other. So now I'm wondering how I can push my portfolio pieces. I need to unload!! I was actually thinking of raising prices of commissioned pieces because that's where the action is. Then the originals would seem like a bargain in comparison... but I don't know. Jiminy crickets it's pretty quiet anyway so what difference would it make? And speaking of money, I finished doing my taxes yesterday. Death and taxes... yup.



Gut at the Middle East, Cambridge

July 2010

Photo by Julie Brennen

Don't you love it when your friends compliment you on how great you are at marketing and such and then finish it with "Oh you could set up a Facebook page for us" (eye roll here). That's what happened to me and the Gut boys. Don't get me wrong, I'll do anything to help the boys out but I did remind them that my stuff comes first! And after seeing them about 2 times and it kept coming up in conversation and I kept telling them how freakin' easy it is. But, did it anyway. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gut/193037427396129 and after all that. .... they only have 3 likes: me, Jason and my friend Andy. LOL. I'm sure there are ways to make it more fancy but I have yet to figure it out and like I said, my plate is pretty full with the art stuff and stuff! We saw them Friday at OBriens in Allston and gotta say they were the tightest that I've seen them in a while. Got to love that.

Another band that you all should check out is Taiwan Typhoon http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Taiwan-Typhoon/181262035237251 Especially if you like At the Drive In or Fugazi. They are having a CD release party at Great Scotts in Allston on the 24th of March. Hell, yes, I will be there.

So with the easing in of spring, the time is now to go shed hunting. Here's J with his latest find. He'd kill me if I told you were they were from, so sorry. But holy schmoly that's one big deer!

What did I say about a pendulum? Just got a possible gig for a flyer for a DJ in NYC. Literally. Just got a tweet. Sketches are being sent tomorrow.... Now go do stuff!



No comments: