Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wednesday Night Creativity

Seriously, Do you realize how HARD it is to paint baby faces???!@?!?!?!


This is a portrait of Kai, my nephew (who is now 7! BTW). Of course this is only a beginning but it's really really difficult to make that baby face really look like a baby face. I'm working from a photo of Kai when he was like lil' over a year. Anyway, the skin color is always a challenge and the mouth is a drool factory .. tough to convey in a portrait. But his eyes are that huge and blue, so that part is easy. I'm thinking lots of pink and burnt sienna for the skin color. I'll keep you in the loop of how this turns out.

And yes, that's my license and keys in the corner. Went out last night for dinner to the Common Ground in Allston to watch the Bruins loose (BOOO!). My constant GoTo bar/restaurant really disappointed me last night. They have changed the menu and have taken off practically every vegetable and all of my favorite dishes. And what we did have certainly wasn't worth the price we paid. Oh CG, Why have you forsaken me!?!?

No comments: