Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Patriots Day

Happy Monday and to those in Massachusetts, Happy Patriots Day. Patriots day marks the start of the first battles of the Revolutionary War in Lexington and Concord. It's also the day of the grueling Boston Marathon. Since I'm not in a reenactment of the First Shots Fired nor am I running the Marathon, I'm sitting at my desk at work.


So I want to let you all know that my piece "Black n' White Farm" (shown here) not only sold during the New England Arts for Animals show, but also made the calendar for 2011. Yay!
NEAFA is an organization founded by artist Jill Flynne who wanted to help the people who need assistance animals in order to feel more independent. A lot of these organizations that train dogs, and therapy horses and the like are purely privately funded and need your help! If you would like to become a member of NEAFA go here: http://neartsforanimals.org/ If you want to see how wonderful therapy dogs really are, watch this video: http://video.pbs.org/video/1435104301 (So Sweet!)
Lastly, I received a commissioned order last week! Yee Haw! What was really nice is that this woman had held on to my postcard and price list from a show that I did back in 2007! I had expressed my appreciation and she said, "Well, you were so nice to talk to!" :) aw, shucks!

No comments: