Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another Wednesday Night at the MFA

Here are some sketches from last night. This model was a spitting image of a Renaissance Madonna. She also held poses for 20 & 15 minutes. I don't like the face on the above drawing. I think she looks too spooked. Like a deer in headlights.....
This one I liked better because of the position, and I think I was pretty successful at getting her proportions right (you can see that I drew the leg where it ought to be in order to get that calf part of the leg correct.) Then T & I went to the Squealin' Pig over in Brigham's Circle on a recommendation from @hiddenboston via Twitter. The food was good, although Tracy said her Reuben could have used more sauerkraut and they were having their Stomp Trivia night and we had the MC's speaker right next to us. So each time he asked a question we had to stop talking ourselves because it was impossible to hear anything.
So I got home about 10:30pm and J was playing guitar. I came in and sat down and started chatting. We were on the sofa and he took his guitar off his lap and placed it between us. Usually I'll just start randomly strumming it to the point of annoyance but this time J worked my fingers into an A Minor and I strummed that for a while. Then me, (of course like a little tot) "Teach me another!!" and then showed me and my fingers a G chord. So I worked on both switching back and forth. Someday............


I'll be rockin' it like PJ Harvey LOL!!!
This weekend I'm going to Hingham to drop off those 2 pieces for the calendar show and making Guiness Cupcakes. I've never done this before, so it could end up to be a total disaster. But I hope not as I've already purchased my edible gold dust for decorating!!













2 comments:

adozeneggs said...

I hope you're gong to use the recipe from Epicurious. And if you are, it makes a shitload of batter. You'll have at least 3 dozen cupcakes. (you can freeze the extra)
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Stout-Cake-107105

the pedigree artist said...

The only difference between this cake and the recipe I had was the frosting.... which used cream cheese. Now, I must make all recipes and taste test them ALL ha ha.