Monday, October 26, 2009

It's official, Christmas season has started


Most of you will read this and think, Ugh! It's not even Halloween yet. But if you're an artist who makes most of her money on commissions then the Christmas season is a God send. 85% of my sales are Holiday driven and, I have to admit, I like Christmas. Decorating and all that. It really is women who keep this tradition alive. Men, well, the ones I know, Christmas is just one big pain in the *ss. Too bad.


So if you are reading this, and you have won a gift certificate before, have you ever tried to redeem that certificate without actually having it? I have a woman who contacted me regarding the certificate she *won* at the Beagle rescue. I don't doubt that she did win it, but I need the certificate. She said she couldn't find it, she says she wants to get a 16x20 painting and have the price of the certificate knocked off. Great. But then she says she can't afford a 16x20 but I did win the certificate... okay... why are you even contacting me about it now? I don't know what to do. I don't want to be rude but seriously I just don't know how to handle this. I did contact the woman who initially contacted me about donated to the Beagle Rescue. So I'm curious to see how this is going to pan out.

No comments: