Monday, August 17, 2009

Hooray!!


I got a commission!!! AND it's a repeat customer! She had me do a portrait of her Lhasa Apso, Lady, a few years back. Well, Lady has since passed away and they have a new Lhasa so she's getting a portriat of her done. :). This is huge for me since I haven't had a commission since freakin' Christmas! I'm going to try my damndest to get it done in 3 days because it's for a birthday gift and the birthday is this Thursday! Super star challenge!!!


I was on Martha's Vineyard all weekend and checked out a couple of galleries when I was there. PikNik and Dragonfly galleries, both located in Oak Bluffs, are 2 galleries featuring some really different work. Dragonfly definaltey had some more of the beach theme paintings but all were nice and I do enjoy looking at paintings that have a New England "feel" about them. PikNik was much more non-traditional works and a lot of city scapes. I just can't stand the galleries that have one ocean scene after another and "oh look, another light house painting", so these were a real treat to check out. If I had more time, I would have gone to Edgartown as well. Owell.

No comments: