Monday, June 22, 2009

Coming back after vacation

After a four day weekend in Vermont having my equestrian vacation ( I went and rode Icelandic horses all weekend!!!!) there's not much to say about my art and the making of it. EXCEPT - if you are an artist I cannot stress enough how important it is to have a business card, a website and the forwardness to talk to anyone and every one about your art. Case in point - I passed out a lot of business cards this weekend. Yes, I was on vacation but if I plan to make it as an artist I can never turn off my marketing. These were people who were very into animals themselves and each got a business card. You could talk til your blue in the face about how fabulous you are but it wasn't until they had a little piece of work in their hands that they were like "Oh!! you'll definately be hearing from me!!" We shall see!!!

No comments: