Monday, September 8, 2008

This past week zzzzz

Last weekend was a whirl. Why is it that every time there's a 4 day work week that it just seems to go on forever.

I was finally able to get my constant contact email out with my events for the fall/Christmas season that has snuck up on us rather quickly. One included a event for the New England Arts for Animals with the reception on this past Sat, the 6th. Granted I sent it out the day before the reception, but the exhibit is running through the entire month of September, so you could go out and look at it if you wanted to. One good thing though, is that I have a woman who also donates alot to the causes that I donate to and that's how we've met. She is now donated a piece for the New England Arts for Animals. I love it when good things come together.

The reception was quite nice. What I did notice is that some people were selling glicee prints for as much as my original watercolor! Which makes me think that maybe i'm pricing to low, but hell, no one's buying as it is anyway. I'm not going to change anything right away. I do know that glicee printing can be very expensive (at least the last time I looked into it) and some of the framing was custom done and that is always expensive!!

I also went riding this weekend up at Chrislar, was able to swing by my parents house for lunch and a dip in the pool. Yesterday, Jason and I went up to Newbury NH (and other towns west of Concord) and try to scout out some deer. We found more moose sign than anything! I may just take a day and sit and wait for a moose to show up and watch him. That would be soooo cool.

Jason's already talking about driving up to NY state next weekend so that he can sniff out some hunting spots out there. I told him that he's pretty much on his own. I don't want to make a 3 hour trip up there only to come back early the next day (another 3 hour car ride). We're going to Mars Volta on Sunday night.

No comments: